Monday, April 15, 2013
on regrets
Lately, I kind of realized that I have a lot of regrets in my mind and in my heart. Even though I have a seemingly composed facade, I recently always felt a certain sadness in my heart about things from my past.
I sometimes find my self staring at nothing, and unconsciously thinking of stuff that might have been, and the "shoulda, woulda, couldas" of my life in general. Most of them in school-- where I should have done better, and at work --where I should have taken opportunities when it came by.
I guess being surrounded by these great people at work kinda made me jealous, since I know in my heart that I could have done the same achievements that they attained, and exited the university with a thought that my alma mater was proud to have me as a student and not just a mere ID number.
I know my capabilities, I have proven it many times already, but I failed to do nail it to a glorious closure. I was there, I once had good grades, I was given the opportunity to be a leader in our student government, but lost my momentum, and now I feel like I just settled for an ending dictated by the universe.
At hindsight, I feel that could have done a better job. A better job in living the moment, embracing my youth, and sucking all the sett juice that my life back then has to offer. But I didn't.
Now I feel like i'm in a vicious cycle, accumulating regrets day by day and failing to seize all the opportunities that come, since I was busy looking back with regret.
I need to stop this. I need to accept my past. I need to remove my regrets, and learn to embrace the fact that whatever I do will always be as good as it gets. Every second that passes by becomes part of history, so I need to focus and LIVE in the present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment